Name: Md. Mahadi Hasan
Master of Engineering in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Pursuing)
Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE)
Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET)
Bachelor of Science in Electrical, Electronic and Communication Engineering
Department of Electrical, Electronic and Communication Engineering (EECE)
Military Institute of Science and Technology (MIST)
“Study and Analysis of Switching Transient Overvoltage in a Power Distribution
Decorations/Awards and Recognitions:
1. Secured 1st position in the B.Sc Engineering program and awarded with “MIST
2. Awarded MIST Dean’s list (2017).
3. Awarded MIST Commandant’s list (2016)
4. Awarded MIST Commandant’s list (2015)
5. Awarded MIST Commandant’s list (2014)
6. Secured 1st position in “Inter University EEE Olympiad” arranged by IEEE student
Instructor Class ‘C’ (Lecturer), Since Jan 2018 to till date.
Dept of EECE, MIST, Mirpur Cantonment, Dhaka-1216, Bangladesh.
Adjunct Lecturer, 11 May 2018 to 20 September 2018.
Dept of EEE, Northern University Bangladesh (NUB), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
1. EECE 192: Electrical Circuit Lab
2. EECE 170, Fundamental of Electrical Engineering Lab
3. NAME 281: Electrical and Electronic Technology for Marine Application
4. EECE 264: Electronic Devices and Circuit Sessional
5. EECE 206: Electrical Machines Laboratory
6. EECE 259: Electrical and Electronics Technology
7. EECE 269: Electrical Drives and Instrumentation
8. EECE 291: Electronic Devices and Circuits
9. EECE 394: Embedded System in Biomedical Engineering
10. EECE 305: Power System I
11. EECE 306: Power System I Laboratory
12. EECE 478: Power System Protection and Switchgear Lab
13. EECE 474, Power Electronics Lab.
14. EEE 4161: Power System II
1.Switching Transient Analysis of Power System
2. Power System Stability and Modelling.
3. Smart Grid and Load Management System
4. Power Electronic Devices and Converters
1. Shah Mohazzem Hossain, Md. Mahadi Hasan “ Energy Management through Bio-gas
based Electricity Generation System during Load Shedding in Rural Areas”, TELKOMNIKA,
Volume-16, Issue-2, April 2018 pp: 525-532.
Conference Papers/ Proceedings:
1. M. M. Hasan, A. H. Chowdhury, M. A. A Khan and M. R. Mawla, “Comparative Study and
Analysis of Switching Transient Behaviour of Overhead Transmission Lines and Underground
Cables”, 2018 IEEE International Conference on iCEEiCT, pp. 21-26, 2018.
2. M. M. Hasan, S. Biswas and M. A. A. Khan, “Study of Switching Transient Overvoltage due
to Transient Short Circuit Fault in a Power Distribution Network”, International Conference on
Robotics, Electrical and Signal Processing Techniques 2019. [ DOI:
Technical Member: iCEEiCT 2018 (MIST, Dhaka)
Service to University:
Assistant OIC, Power System Lab, Dept. of EECE, MIST (2018-present)