WELCOME TO ELECTRICAL ELECTRONIC & COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING(EECE) DEPT
EECE Department started its journey in 2003. The department is currently offering postgraduate program- M.Sc/ M Engg & undergraduate program- B.Sc in Electrical, Electronic and Communication Engineering, with an annual intake of 65 students. At present 300 students are studying including some overseas students. From the academic session of 2012-13 EECE Dept has started Postgraduate Program for the students. EECE Department provides well equipped and modern laboratory facilities for academic and research purposes in various fields of Electrical, Electronic and Communication Engineering right from the outset.
The main focus of the EECE Department is on three major areas: power, electronics and communication in the undergraduate curricular.The proposed syllabus(for B.Sc) comprises a total of 158.5 credits. The expertise of the faculty members of this department ranges from power systems to VLSI technology. The research areas of teachers and students of this department include satellite, navigation, radar detection and tracking, optical fibre communication, broadband wireless communications, renewable energy, thin-film technology, power system, electrical machines, solid state device, signal processing, image processing, device modelling, power electronics, control engineering, high voltage engineering, etc. The department got accreditation from BAETE in September 2010. At present 30 faculties specialized from different background (Military, civil, part time and visiting) are serving in this department.
- To prepare graduates for successful professional practice and advanced studies by providing a broad education in electrical, electronics and communication engineering.
- Offer the undergraduate students the opportunity to deepen their technical understanding in a particular focused area related to relevant technical electives.
Students of EECE program are expected be able to utilize their skills, knowledge and performance in the professional field for the betterment of mankind after their graduation. The outcomes enable graduates to:
- Understand the mathematical and physical foundations of electrical engineering and how these are used in electronic devices and systems.
- Conduct engineering experiments, present experimental results through appropriate graphical display and analyze the problem in appropriate manner.
- Design a variety of electrical, electronic and communication based devices and systems for applications including electrical machines, signal processing, digital electronics, control systems, navigation, power system etc.
- Critically evaluate alternate assumptions, approaches, procedures, tradeoffs and results related to engineering problems.